- Does Dr. Donovan see complex medical cases?
Yes, he welcomes challenging medical problems. He takes extra time to research and solve the complicated medical problems and questions.
- Does he do well-woman care?
Yes, he will provide routine gynecological care, but will refer you for obstetric care if needed.
- Does he provide sports and school physicals?
Yes, he provides these physicals as well as work-related physical examinations. This is a great way to emphasize healthy diet and lifestyle choices.
- Does he provide chronic pain management?
Dr. Donovan welcomes patients with chronic pain conditions, but reserves the right to limit prescribing opioid medications to patients with pain associated with cancer diagnosis. For others, he will place a referral to a chronic pain specialist for treatment or weaning of these medications. He will comply with all expert recommendations, state and federal mandates in regards to issuing controlled substances.
- Does he prescribe stimulant medications?
Because many people have undiagnosed learning disabilities Dr. Donovan refers patients seeking stimulant medications (eg. Adderall) for neuropsychological testing before he would consider prescribing these medications.
- Does he issue medical marijuana cards?
No, but he will see patients who have these cards for their medical issues.
- Can I bring my pet to my appointment?
Yes, only if your pet is a service animal.
- What should I bring with me for my visit?
Please bring any medications and/or a complete list.